Saturday, February 11, 2012

It's such... such a perfect day....

Do you know what I really love about Coldplay? I can't understand what in the world they are talking about! They could be singing about Sex, Drugs and all sorts of things and I wouldn't even know! The nice thing about the lyrics is that they can be interpreted in many ways. Take these lyrics from the album Viva la Vida:
"No I don't want a battle from beginning to end, I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge, I don't want to follow Death and all of his friends".
Are we talking about being scared of death? Of how life is a struggle and just ends in nothing more than death? Or is it a criticism of the "emo" movement, and is trying to show a better way of living? I like it, because I can put in whatever positive messages I like, and that's what the song means to me.
Now lets all go listen to the album right now. Because it's cool.

2 comments: