Saturday, January 21, 2012

My plan to get fat

We often hear that the media, and television in particular, is contributing to obesity in this country. However, I'm going to put a slightly different spin on this idea, and describe how the media is going to help me get fat and get healthy, all in one! Amazing, I know. Here's the plan:
I have always had problems keeping to a healthy weight. For some reason, I cannot keep fat on my poor skinny bones. Since I am tired of my mom piling man-sized piles of meat on my plate every time I visit, I have decided that I need to get fat and healthy. And thus, my new favorite website in the whole entire world is choosemyplate.gov. If you haven't seen it yet, please, click the link and enjoy a wonderland of healthy wholesomeness. As well as a ton of resources on exercise and healthy eating, you can personalize your account to your own fitness and eating goals. You can keep track of your exercise hours and  plan new activities and schedules. You can get nutritional information for all your favorite foods, and keeps tabs on how close you are to your calorie limits or your folic-acid intake. You can even get a personalized coach to send you annoying emails to remind you to be healthy! I've been distracting myself from doing my homework for a long time now, and I haven't even begun to plumb its depths... so for all of you who are procrastinating writing that essay, go now and get healthy! That's as good of an excuse as any :)

3 comments:

  1. Your plan to get fat....sounds interesting! How about we reach a happy medium and say "my plan to be healthier", haha. If you want to get fat, trust me, I've got some great tips and it has nothing to do with the balanced meals on choose my plate. For some reason I have bouts every year with weight gain in March and April...not sure why, you'd think it'd be the holidays, but its become a trend the past 3 years. It could be that I am over my New Years resolution, its my hubbys bday, im seeing the results of valentines chocolates, and conference weekend, or the combination of all of that.So, based on my track record, here is what you should do: eat late at night, buy your hubbies favorite treats, make an excuse for every occasion to stuff yourself, and consider your walk to and from the pantry your daily workout. I know...I know...I'm brilliant, let me know how it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this website sounds great. Good luck with getting healthier! Looks like you are on the right track my friend! (P.S. I totally appreciate your desire to get healthier by gaining weight instead of losing weight. I think so many people, even very little people like yourself, are so concerned about being skinny. It's nice to hear this perspective).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so awesome! I actually have been trying to put weight on as well (my husband and I are trying to get pregnant and the doctor told me to eat a bowl of ice cream every night). Now I can use this and not worry about if I'm getting all the vitamins and minerals and things that I need. Good luck getting chubbier!

    ReplyDelete