Friday, January 27, 2012

The funniest show on TV...

... is obviously Top Gear. But since a friend of mine introduced me and my husband to the Disney cartoon Phineas and Ferb, I have decided to put it on the list. I find it surprisingly amusing, which often makes me wonder of kids are enjoying it as much as I do. After all, some of the jokes seem kind of... adult. Not "adult" in the sense of being inappropriate, but its not an easy cheap laugh that I would expect from a kids show. Like when they play on grammar: "I, for one, am starting to get bored, and boredom is something of up with which I will not put!". Or how the best jokes require you to remember random scenes from previous episodes (I obviously won't give an example of this because... it just couldn't be appreciate out of context). Or how everything is so off the wall and unexpected - I mean, they have a pet platypus for goodness sake! You just have to experience it people. Or maybe I just have a childish sense of humor - I would accept this conclusion. 
But now it's time for a Phineas and Ferb Best Moments Tribute!

"Behold, the Melt-inator 6-5000! It has a melting capacity... of 7! That's on a scale from 1 to 5, so that's a big number." 

Isabella: Hey Phineas. 
Phineas: Hey Isabella. 
Isabella: Watcha doin'? 
Phineas: We're making S'Winter. 
Isabella: S'Winter? 
Ferb: It's a unique and logic defying amalgam of Winter and Summer.

Dr. Doofenshmirtz: Ah, Perry the Platypus, what an unexpected surprise... and by unexpected, I mean completely expected!

Linda: I see your point, Candace. No crazy person would scream at a post like that. I'll be in the dairy section if you want to come yell at some cheese or anything. 

Phineas: We're gonna need a blowtorch and some more peanut butter. 

Phineas [when he sees a satellite]: You know, if that thing falls to Earth, Candace is in charge.

1 comment:

  1. My younger siblings love this show! They still watch it even though the youngest is 12 and the siblings older than him watch it too. I used to watch it with them at home and I admit I was amused. My sister wants a Perry the Platypus shirt too, have you seen those? I see them on campus more often than I would expect to.

    ReplyDelete