Thursday, March 15, 2012

While watching ESPN....

Coming from the homeland of the advert-free BBC, I struggled to warm to the idea of my program being interrupted seemingly every 10 seconds to try and sell me something I was never going to buy. But the longer I've lived here, the more I've realized that commercials are actually often more interesting than the shows. And I'm not just talking about Superbowl adverts - adverts in general are just pretty awesome now. Yeah, you still get the occasional lame-sauce annoying one, but in general they are funny, sweet, and at the very least, brightly colored and short. That's more than I can say for TV in general :)

3 comments:

  1. i didn't know it was advert free over there! interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait.....there are definitely adverts in the UK! The breaks are just not as frequent (but they are much longer). At least that is what I noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh of course - I was talking about the BBC, and they are advert free. I didn't tend to watch other channels very much :)

    ReplyDelete